Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Semester in Office 2013

Well I would like to start off the last blog that I will post in this class by saying, " this wasn't what I
signed up for. Let me explain when I signed up for this class I didn't pay much attention to what it was about .I thought I was taking a class on basic computer knowledge. What a surprise when I got my book from the school store and saw it was all on Microsoft Office 2013.Now don't get me wrong. I'm never against trying and learning new things I 'm in school for goodness sakes! However even though I have used Microsoft Word in the past I have never dealt with Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access before in any shape, form, or fashion. Needless to say it has been quite a learning experience!
When I started the class I thought it would be simple ,but I must admit I struggled in parts in it and lost interest somewhat mainly because of discouragement, but then I realized that I have made it this far there was no way I planned on turning back now, so I stuck to my guns. What I learned was really something beneficial to me in the long run. All of these I will and do need now on my job and in the future if and when I find a better job or start my own business.

I think if I could've done anything different It would have been trying harder in class and on my projects, not getting discouraged like I did, but that would have been the things I would do differently. My instructor was excellent in explaining and going over projects and helping if called on.
Down the road as all of us know by now.
Computers and software are going nowhere! They are a mainstay for many years to come, so I will continue to learn more technologies as they come along and software. I think my strengths in this class were Microsoft Outlook ,Microsoft Word, and my weaknesses were definitely the ones I had never used before such as; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access. I feel with more time on them and on job experience with them I will get a better understanding of how they work. What seemed to be a negative outlook when I started turned into optimism because this knowledge and understanding can only help me in my future. It was a great experience, one that I can take with me and use it for the rest of my life in whatever or wherever the road leads me on this journey called life.

No comments:

Post a Comment